Re: Test for Surge Protector?

Thanks Marc,

I do understand the value of a good earth ground, and am in the process of
installing 2 rods in a location that shold give the proper "whole house"
ground. Given that I actually live in what 50 years ago was considered a
flood plain (really hasn't flooded due to the ditches installed when the sub
was built), I find that the "ground water level" is at or above 6 foot. How
do I know this? Next door neighbor put an in-ground pool in and I was very
interested in the level they had to start their sump at....I like water
table info because somehow...my simple mind thinks water = conductivity =
better ground. So, if I have two #4 cables going out to 2 ground rods...each
out 5 to 10 foot from the foundation (which is a slab anyway, so I don't
think they dig those too deep) I might have a good chance with my "whole
house" installation.

I do realize I also need point of use for individual electronics, but that
still means I need to know if they are actually still working...or just
passing...(gas)....you know what I mean...Actaully, I did all that earth
ground research a few years ago, and that's why I'm putting in the stuff
now...(I'm a bit slow, but I get there...)

Rich