Re: Test for Surge Protector?

Thanks guys,

It's clear to me that good ground is the key to good protectection, and I'm
going out later today to purchase the materials for my personal & business
situation. I have an Intermatic device that will soon see duty next to my
service breakers...and that will be connected to several rods.

My only consideration now is where to locate the rods. I know the closer the
better, and #4 to them. I've got a brick over sand patio right outside that
wall, so I should be able to remove enough brick to insert the rods close
enough to be a good low resistance distance away. My place is on a slab, so
there is no deep basement to contend with (unfortunately for my space
considerations).

Rich