Re: Lights flickering

Hi g?

You will most probably find that the lights are only flickering at certain
times of the day. This is possibly due to a signal being injected onto the
mains supply i.e. the local electricity supplier turning your hot water
system on/off or turning street lights on/off etc.
In my location my mains supply is 240VAC and the electricty authority use
tone bursts of 1050Hz at approximatley 20V peak to peak, to turn on/off the
afore items. This as you point out, causes dimmed lights to pulsate with
morse code like injected tones. I also find this rather annoying when these
tones are audibly heard in electrical equipment such as my overhead ceiling
fan, especially on hot nights when I have the fan turned on.

Neil.