Re: CM15A and MisterHouse Module Starting Point

Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Definitely interested but it may be put on hold until the end of
>February. I've been asked to write a book for Wiley called 'Linux
>Smart Homes for Dummies'. I'm announcing it now because I've signed
>the contract. I'm not sure writting a book is a good idea but it looks
>pretty on a resume. And yes I'm very much afraid of the community's
>opinion of what I'll be writing. I'm afraid I didn't have much choice
>for the chapters as the original author had to back out and I was
>second choice. Oh, Well

Good luck with it!

>Back to the CM15A, this sounds very cool! It would fix X10's dain
>bread interface. The CM15A had a lot of promise and they seemed to
>have crippled it (from what Woody, other and myself could figure
>out).

I really think the hardware is first rate. The software sucks. (At least the
early versions - I haven't paid much attention to any updates.)

I'll send you schematics and will try to create a bill of materials and
write an assembly procedure.