Re: Top Posters Unite!

Vaughn wrote:
> "RF Dude" <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>      Why do we have to discuss some iron-bound posting style as if it were some
> sort of religious principle?  Why not top post, middle post, or bottom post as
> happens to be appropriate to the situation?

Agree. The important thing is to communicate effectively. A
dogmatic adherence to any style can compromise good communications,
and judicious snipping is very important.

<snip>

Note: I snipped Vaughn's comment about snipping, which makes my
comment appear as my idea. Don't snip too much--one of my pet
peeves. Sometimes I see a post that responds to something, such as
the following:

   "Yes, it is false."

The only way to determine what the person means is to order the
post as a thread tree and read the previous post. I usually don't
bother, as I like to sort unread posts by date-time. However, it is
not important enough to start a religious crusade.
--
Humbly--Ed

"If the man doesn't believe as we do,
we say he is a crank, and that settles it.
I mean, it does nowadays, because now we
can't burn him."  (Mark Twain)