Re: Test for Surge Protector?

> ...So, if I have two #4 cables going out to 2 ground rods...
> each out 5 to 10 foot from the foundation (which is a slab
> anyway, so I don't think they dig those too deep) I might
> have a good chance with my "whole house" installation.

Be sure you bond those two ground rods together and connect all
incoming services to them.  After the CATV and telco idiots
leave, double check their grounds.  Some lazy techs will just
connect to the nearest whatever and let it go at that.  Worst are
the CATV and satellite sub-contractors.  They're paid by the job
so they move like lightning, often don't even ground their work
at all and sometimes ground it all wrong.  One guy actually
connected the telco ground to a gas pipe.  :(

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms