Additional X10 data points

In the last discussion of Insteon there was a question as to if the
X10 would perform better, in my home, if I had an amplified repeater.
The answer is yes. I installed a Signalinc Repeater (3-WIRE DRYER) and
the B phase now sees a much stronger signal , as expected.  The signal
is pretty much on par with the Insteon signals.  There is one severe
black hole where the X10 signal drops to less than .1 p-p. I'm going
to move one of the Insteon lamp modules there in a few weeks and see
how well it works. With the above repeater the X10 Lamp module (in the
black hole) works but it kills light bulbs pretty quick compared to
not having the device on a module.  Hopefully the Insteon will work
well and allow the light bulbs to live a little longer. I'll also be
replacing a garage X10 wall switch (the dimable, cheap and ugly one)
with an Insteon wall switch. The old switch had the same problem with
bulbs and has been very unreliable (can't turn it on but can turn it
off, even though the signal strength is now above 1v pk-pk).

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)