Re: home automation in UML

"Mark Thomas" <mrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1129227625.342118.242210@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 1. Decide what it is that you want to do.
> 2. Do it.

Not quite right.

"2" should be:  "Find out that what you want to do is usually limited by
what you have in your wallet."
3.  Spend, spend, spend (all the while telling the wife that her new shoes
will have to wait).
4.  Read lots of manuals while trying to figure out what version of English
they're using (I just love some of the computer stuff out of China)
6.  Do it.
7.  Find out someone else has "done it better" (BruceR for instance), and go
back to step 1.

I know, I know...  I didn't mention "upgrades"...  I figure that comes in
right around "step 7".  :-))