Re: X10 signal problems...

<mike2711@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1129739345.660964.81820@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> OK, last night I tried a few things. I turned on the fluorescent light
> in the master bedroom, I was able to turn off the transformers. I then
> turned on the 3 portable heaters 1 by 1 and the transformers turned off
> every time! I don't think the Signalinc bridge will work because the
> controller and modules are all on one phase, in fact they are all on
> one circuit. I can't imagine the signal not being strong enough because
> the controller (photocell) on the outside is about 2 feet from one of
> the modules! Is it possible that the Leviton 6308 just simply isn't
> sending the "off" command every morning? I called Leviton and spoke
> with a tech guy and he said he uses the same photocell for his
> landscape transformers. He had the same problem and bought a
> Boosterlinc which resolved the issue, BUT Boosterlincs are about $100
> and that's an expensive gamble! Is it possible the Leviton doesn't
> output a strong enough signal? When it does send the "off" command it
> does control a module upstairs on the other side of the house though,
> so how could it be a weak signal? Any ideas?

An additional test would be to add another x10 module set to the same settings as the problem module, plugged in close
(electrically) to the controlling unit.Does it respond the same, or does it work better? If it works right, then you
know the signal is getting sent.

Are the controller and receiver on different phases of the power?

Bob