more on ACT CR230 repeater failure

On closer examination it turns out that both pads of the zener had separated
from the board (a good trick considering that one of them is part of a little
ground plane).  The trace that supplies power to the drivers is routed through
the zener's pad, so it's difficult to determine what happened.  Depending on
the order of pad failure the drivers could have seen no voltage, high voltage,
or anything in between.  There is a 50V electrolytic across the output which
might break down and limit the voltage a bit.  Based on my initial measurements
(but after I had probably disturbed the board) I'm leaning towards no voltage.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com