Increasing sensitivity with X10-ActiveEye MS16A

I have come across mods and schematics for decreasing sensitivity for
both
The EagleEye ?MS12A and
The HawkEye ? MS14A
Most people want to reduce false alarms.

But no where can I find info on ?increasing? sensitivity.

The only thing that I found that seemed reasonable was the following
for the MS14A.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/TParent/HA/Motiondetector.htm

I?m assuming that this recommended PIR component (RE46B )
would be compatible with the MS16A.
http://www.chartlandelectronics.co.uk/PIR_sensors/RE46B.pdf

I?m just wondering if anyone here may know why over a 3-4 month
period,
My X10 motion sensor?s sensitivity level has degraded.
It?s not the batteries, they have been changed and both measure at
1.54v.

I know that they work, because a large body passing the sensor, does
send the signal.
I am trying to detect small animals, as it once did.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, I could sure use any
feedback.

Thanks

--
frontrun98