Re: Help! Security camera system for 3 story multi-unit apartment building needed. Pls recommend

"iiiiiieeeeee" <ylw868@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have a 3-story multi-unit apartment building, each floor is about 60
> feet wide and 120 feet long. I need to put at least 4 cameras security
> system, hopefully 6-8 if costs not high. I also like to be able to see
> via Internet from my own home (100 kms away). I suffer some vandalism
> e.g. someone punching holes in the wall, so hopefully the cameras are
> not fragile. but low cost and be able to function through walls up to
> 150 feet is my priority. I prefer wireless if not too expensive and if
> they works.
>

> (I tried X10 system which claimed to work up to 100 feet including
> barriers. but it did not work for 20 feet if there is a wall.)
>
> I look for costs hopefully around $1000. I am near Ottawa, Ontario,
> Canada. thanks ahead

If you're looking at capturing images the police will be able to use to
counter the vandalism you're experiencing, you won't get anything worthwhile
for the $1000.00 budget you're on (unless they're cameras you've picked up
at auction somewhere).  You're going to need to determine your priorities
(i.e. how much you'll save with a proper camera system versus how much
you'll spend on repairs).