Re: Better Pet Immune than DSC BV300DP?

"Solo Rider" wrote...
> Have one that is not ignoring two cat at play.  Its about 3 years old and
> matches the images of 300DP I found on the web (PC etch is not that
> helpful).  What is the straight dope on this unit and are better
> available?

You may want to check the board inside and see if it's a BV300DP or just a
BV300.  From the outside, they look exactly the same.  The number can
usually be found on a white sticker on the bottom left corner of the board.
As far as I know, the BV300 doesn't offer any pet immunity.

Also make sure the normal/hostile jumper (bottom right corner) is off and
that the board is set to zero (vertical position)

The alternative I usually go with is the Paradox Digigard DG75.

And as usual with cats, if they can get up high or within about 6 feet of
the motion they are more likely to set it off.  Cats can be a pain to work
around... Can they get on top of couches, tables, counters, etc.  Are they
swatting toys around that area?  Does the motion face a staircase?  Is the
motion at least 7 feet above the floor?  And with this time of year... is
the furnace kicking in while the system is armed and blowing
curtains/blinds/plants/decorations around?

Where is this motion?