Landscape Lighting Controller

Hello Helpers!

I would like to install an outdoor Motion Detect Floodlight (120V,
150W) with a Timer control such that the floodlight would function only
in the night according to the timer settings.

However, I do not know what is standard or typical way of installing
the timer, and the location of it.

Therefore, I come up with a plan of setting up a new circuit breaker,
wire from breaker to a small "box" hanging in my basement concrete
walls. This box will contain a GFCI outlet, a timer plug into the
outlet, and the timer output wires connect to Floodlight.  I thought of
this set up because I could not find any budget timer controller that
allows me to wire to it and out directly. I think of using interior
timer controller (various kinds), and that's why I need to set up a box
with GFCI outlet, and plug the interior timer into the outlet. The
cheapest timer allowing direct wiring cost like $50+ in Lowes!

Now, though this seems logical, but looks a little odd to me. Got a few
questions:
1) How should I hang the "box" in the basement? I am thinking to use
some sort of electrical weather-proof box. Should I hang this box
against a piece of wood panel, then the wood panel against the concrete
wall ?

2) Is there a better or standard set up for timer control ?

Many Thanks in Advance!
Sean