Re: Retrofitting existing floodlights

> The switch is inside the house. It is half of a dual switchplate, with
> the other half controlling an interior light. There is a dual
> floodlight on each end of the house, with one in the middle. I would
> mount the motion sensor somewhere in the vicinity of this middle light.
> The middle light is also the one that's closest to the interior switch.

How is the wire run to the lights?  A motion sensor requires power at all
times.  So if all that runs to the middle light is controlled by the switch
then you'll need to run new wire.  Is there metal conduit for these lights
or are they in-ground using direct burial wire?  It may be as simple as
running a new line to the desired sensor location and re-routing how the
power comes to/from the switch to the other lights.

-Bill Kearney