Re: TM751 Problem

I think the firmware in all of these X10 remotes and transceivers
has been changed from time to time so it's difficult to make
any definitive statements.  For example a single RF burst to
a RR501 I have now (date code 04A03) yields a 6% dim whereas
the same to a 1997-vintage Radio Shack lookalike or a TM751 (date
code 04D15) yields a 12% dim.

I should mention that most of the recently-acquired X10 stuff
I have came from X10's "super deals" (which may be their way of
reducing inventory of older-rev or prototype stock).  The HR12A
(sends 6 RF bursts minimum) and TM751 came with the Firecracker
"shipping-only" deal they had about a year ago.

Here's some data I took, counting the RF bursts with an MR26A
and the power line dims with a CM11A.  There are some obvious
differences from the data you've observed with your units.

              Dim level sent by
RF           transceiver (percent)
Bursts      RR501    CM15A   TM751*
-------     -----    -----   -----
 1           6%       6%      12% <== SS13A
 2           6       12       12
 3           6       12       12
 4          12       15       12
 5          12       18       12  <== CM17A "Firecracker"
 6          17       22       12  <== HR12A PalmPad
 7          22       25       12
 8          22       28       24 (two 12% dims)
 9          27       30       24
10          27       34       24

(*) The TM751 sends out one 12% dim (as reported by the
CM11A) for every so many repeats or fraction thereof - at
least the unit I have in hand right now labeled P10485B
(date code 04D15).  (It's the only TM751 I've seen which has
the firmware revision labeled on the outside.)

Regards,
Charles Sullivan