Re: ActiveHome Pro, Remote Controls, and Appliances

"donquixote235" <donquixote235@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just got an X10 kit today, and I've been playing with it all night.
> I've
> got a problem that's pretty frustrating, and I can't really find anything
> pertinent on the web.
>
> Whenever I use any of the three remotes supplied with the kit (HR12A
> remote, SS13A StyleSwitch, KR19A slimfire remote) to try to turn on my
> lamp
> module, the ActiveHome software recognizes the signal, and "throws" the
> graphical image of the lightswitch into the on or off position as the case
> may be.  However the light doesn't actually come on or go off.  If I click
> the switch graphic using my mouse button, the light works fine.

Scott --

The system works by recieving the RF (remote) signal, and then broadcasting
a command over the power line. So proximity of the remote to the activehome
reciever is of importance, not proximity to the lamp module.

The distance between the lamp module and the reciever -- electrically
speaking moreso than physically speaking -- could cause your issue.  Try
plugging the lamp and the reciever into the same circuit in your home, and
let us know the results.

E. Lee Dickinson
Entertainment Design and Technology