Re: Another newbie vacation home question

On 19 Nov 2005 17:07:14 -0800, astutesolutions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote in
message  <1132448834.112993.267950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I believe my Trane system handles the changeover from HP to Propane
>automatically.  The zones are controlled by a zone board.
>Theoritically I think a regular thermostat (independant of fuel
>determination) would work, but I need to check with my air guy.  Thanks
>again for the useful info.

So that heating system has a way of sensing and acting on the out \side
temperature. That's what is needed.

<snip.

>On a side note, eventually I'd like to have a PC there to capture web
>images from a web cam and upload stills or streaming to my website.

PC's are fun ;-) but just as with the thermostat, you can set up an IP
connection through a router to an IP device (in this case an IP camera) and
dispense with the PC.

HTH ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org