Re: powerlinc usb control api

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 02:54:35 GMT, Marc F Hult <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message  <c8tim1pbd0iesp3r9c4rp4sr9lmrrjvql5@xxxxxxx>:

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:18:04 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote
in message  <436a1b08.65473375@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>>Anyone who is "betting his company" based on the $10 license agreement
>>($99 package cost -$90 of hardware) probably isn't betting very much or
>>very >wisely.
>>
>>This "Level 1" is for hobbyists and dilettantes like me and perhaps others
>>in this newsgroup. Since I would not engage in "distribution or
>>commercialization", most of the onerous parts of the wouldn't apply to me.
>
>>There are $250 ("Level 2") and $2000 ("Level 3") and the ever-present
>>option of entering into a different agreement for folks that are seriously
>>interested in creating a commercial product for sale.
>>
>But there seem to be several classes of "developers"...
>
>     http://www.insteon.net/%5Cthealliance.html

Which is what I wrote yesterday -- See above.

INSTEON's press release that I cited previously states that

"[L]evel two and three memberships are able to influence the direction,
development and marketing of INSTEON"

which suggests that they are not much swayed by folks that only buy the
Level one ($10) development kit, much less by those that haven't agreed to
any level, but are just complaining ;-)

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org