Re: Another newbie vacation home question

Check this out too.
 http://www.aprilaire.com/product.asp?ID=3A36D029B8CC4224AA31679C9B25B343&categoryID=A0F79903189B11D5BA7B00508B6FD055or just got to www.aprilaire.com and select electronic thermostats and thencommunicating tstats.<astutesolutions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in messagenews:1132334022.521980.205330@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Mark, thanks for the advice!  It looks to be a pretty powerful unit.> If its reliable, its worth it, but it looks like the majority of> features is to support a security sytem which  would be a bit of a> waste for me, unless it was able to do other thing such as track> outside temperature and could use for programming.  As an example, if> I'm getting in late at night and the afternoon temperature is 50 and is> going to get down to 20 by the time I get in, I'd probably want it to> start heating the house earlier since the heatpump would be more> efficient at 50 compared to blasting propane at 20 degrees.  If the> outside during the day is 20, and is going to be 15 when I get there,> I'd prob
ably have it start an hour before I arrive.  It would be nice> to program a system to figure it out by itself, but in all candor I'd> probably just dial in and bump up the temperature.>> I agree, the x10 wouldn't be reliable enough.  I've had some bad> experiences with some of the lamp modules, and have read others that> have had intermittent success.  I wouldn't want to risk being away for> a month and having the system go belly up and freeze all my pipes.>> Thanks.> Jeff>