Re: Video Surveailance - kind of OT

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Uc-dnfWDu86-zujenZ2dnUVZ_vmdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx
> "obo" <obo@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> under $500 may be a bit of a stretch
>
> No, they're becoming cheaper and cheaper by the day.  They are, in many
> cases, just glorified PC's with a video capture card.  Supercircuits sells
> WCV31 Security Camera DVR Quad w/120GB HD for $389.
>
> http://www.supercircuits.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3770
>
> "The all new DVQ-1 offers the luxury combination of a color quad processor
> and a full time digital video recorder. The DVQ is a four channel unit
> that
> will record up to four cameras and audio for up to 2400 hours on a 120GB
> IDE
> hard drive"
>
> --
> Bobby G.

personally I would want a multiplex as opposed to a quad processor unless
you can bring up full recorded screen on any camera with the quad which you
usually can't do with a quad.  This is inferior unit without that ability
and therefore still a stretch in my book.  And not networkable. Thanks for
the link though.