ActiveHome Pro, Remote Controls, and Appliances

Hi,

I just got an X10 kit today, and I've been playing with it all night.  I've
got a problem that's pretty frustrating, and I can't really find anything
pertinent on the web.

Whenever I use any of the three remotes supplied with the kit (HR12A
remote, SS13A StyleSwitch, KR19A slimfire remote) to try to turn on my lamp
module, the ActiveHome software recognizes the signal, and "throws" the
graphical image of the lightswitch into the on or off position as the case
may be.  However the light doesn't actually come on or go off.  If I click
the switch graphic using my mouse button, the light works fine.

I thought it may have been a line-of-sight issue at first, but I've put the
remote mere inches away from the lamp module, and from the ActiveHome
module as well.  Again, the same problem... the main module recognizes it,
but the lamp module won't.  I also tried changing from the lamp module to a
screw-in module, and to an appliance module, all with the same degree of
suggess, i.e. none.  In every case, the software recognizes the remote, but
the appliance won't.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

-Scott