Re: outdoor x10 plug?

I have never seen one, when designing holiday plugs in homes there are two
ways to do it properly. The X10 plug modules, I usually use Leviton, are
setup that down stream circuits can be switched by the X-10 circuit.

1. You can simply install the plug in an outdoor rated enclosure.
2. A better route, get a 2 gang receptacle, install this indoor in the
garage.  In this two gang receptacle, install the x10 plug (this will switch
all downline plugs as well in the circuit) and a GFCI in case one of the
lights grounds out, the GFCI will be there for protection.  Than daisychain
your lights from the box using Romex.  Be aware of wattage ratings"
3. If you really want to go all out you could install relay on the dedicated
holiday lights electrical circuit and use a X10 flash module to trip one or
more circuits.

So be aware if you are on of those who likes their yard to be seen from
space during the holidays, watch you electrical ratings...

A. 15 amp circuit breaker is rated for up to 1600 watts using 14 gauge wire
B. 20 amp circuit breaker is rated up to 2100 Watts using 12 gauge wire
C. etc.. figure maximum watts using this formula "Amps multiplied by Voltage
{120} multiplied by .9 (10% safety) = rated wattage for circuit"

--
Brett Griffin, Technology Consultant
Architechtronics, Inc.

*Home of "fidoh" for HAI/OnQ/Aegis
http://www.architechtronics.com/products_software.html

**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
http://www.architectronics.com/edge.html