CM17A "Firecracker" RF repetitions.

Toggling the RTS and DTR control lines of the CM17A per X10's
documentation results in my particular unit issuing 5 repetitions
of the RF signal (as determined by looking at the raw output of
an MR26A or W800RF32A receiver).

My particular CM17A unit was included in the CK18A-C kit X10
was offering on the "pay only shipping & handling" deal a year
or so ago.

X10 often modifies the firmware in their devices without notice
and I'm wondering whether the number of RF repetitions might
differ for earlier or later CM17A production.  If any of the
gurus on this newsgroup have established the number of RF
repetitions for their own CM17A units, I'd appreciated hearing
the results.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan