Re: Video Surveailance - kind of OT

"equity-loan.info" <info_at_equity-loan_dot_com@xxxxxxx>

<stuff snipped>

> What they should have done, is to purchase a new DVR-based system that can
> be had for less than $500 these days and throw the time-lapse VCRs out of
> the window. The single time you actually need to look at the video usually
> pays for the entire investment into a good quality cameras and a good DVR.

There are numerous reasons to switch to DVR.  The ability to move instantly
to the point in the recording that you want to view is probably just as
important as the video quality.  I'd keep the old time-lapse stuff, though,
so that a really bright thief who gets the idea to steal the tape can pop
out a recording of Mary Poppins while the real images are stored in a
secure, hidden DVR cabinet.

--
Bobby G.