Re: Another newbie vacation home question

Mark, thanks for the advice!  It looks to be a pretty powerful unit.
If its reliable, its worth it, but it looks like the majority of
features is to support a security sytem which  would be a bit of a
waste for me, unless it was able to do other thing such as track
outside temperature and could use for programming.  As an example, if
I'm getting in late at night and the afternoon temperature is 50 and is
going to get down to 20 by the time I get in, I'd probably want it to
start heating the house earlier since the heatpump would be more
efficient at 50 compared to blasting propane at 20 degrees.  If the
outside during the day is 20, and is going to be 15 when I get there,
I'd probably have it start an hour before I arrive.  It would be nice
to program a system to figure it out by itself, but in all candor I'd
probably just dial in and bump up the temperature.

I agree, the x10 wouldn't be reliable enough.  I've had some bad
experiences with some of the lamp modules, and have read others that
have had intermittent success.  I wouldn't want to risk being away for
a month and having the system go belly up and freeze all my pipes.

Thanks.
Jeff