Re: OMNI PRO Network Connection

On 6 Nov 2005 12:21:27 -0800, sealg@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote (with possible
editing):

>I'm having a fit trying to connect my Omni Pro II controller to my home
>network.
>
>I have the basics hooked up because I can PING the controller
>successfully.
>
>BUT.. I cannot enter an "encryption password" that works.
>
>I am using PC Access (v 2.9).
>
>When I go to the Configure - Network - Encryption tab, the dialog
>instantly says "bad password" for every password I enter.
>
>Does anyone know the proper syntax for entering the 16 digit "password"
>into PC Access ?
>
>curt

First of all, you should be using PC Access v2.9c or later.  Second of
all, the password doesn't have to be 16 characters, but as I recall,
it may be case-specific.  Mine, for example, is only 8 characters.
Third of all, you must be using the correct IP address and port number
(4369) - I think you can set those without a password, the password is
only required for encryption.  I don't remember where that came from,
but it is two parts and each part takes the form:

XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX

where "XX" are two hexadecimal upper case characters, like "6A" or
"34".
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com