Re: patented crazyness

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Not all so crazy.

Scary more than crazy.  Some of these patents really involve altering
brainwaves.  Shades of 1984 and beyond.

> The one about disabling a car engine with microwaves
> is now available to law enforcement. The device is mounted on a
> helicopter and aimed at a subject car that is being chased. When
> triggered, the microwaves screw up the engine's computer and the car
> stops. The people in the car are (supposedly) not harmed by the
> microwaves.

Supposedly.  :-)  Although my feeling about people who run from the cops
like Rodney K. is that you can't punch them enough for endangering the lives
of countless other citizens as they careen down public highways like
ballastic missiles.

The skygun is probably the best solution to the California Car Chase
Epidemic.  I think that like some internet flamers, these high speed runners
are in it mostly for the attention.  Shutting down the pursuit as early as
possible seems to me the best solution.  If it accidentally sterilizes the
runners, well, that's natural selection for you!

You know that soon, somewhere on the net, a guy will be peddling
Tempest-grade ignition components and heavy shielding for the engine
electronics.

--
Bobby G.