Re: Emergency Water Turn-Off?

"Reg" <reg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:53Sfe.375

> What, if anything, would happen to a hot water heater that needs to refill
> but can't because the main has been shut off? Just curious.

I think various things happen depending on whether they are tank or tankless
types and whether they can truly be emptied accidentally.  My impression is
that unless it leaks out, a lack of pressure (i.e. the main valve is
shutoff) means the water that's in the tank will stay in the tank.  Unless
there's some sort of siphon effect drawing it out to a lower level but there
have to be open valves above the tank and a way for it flow out for that to
happen.  I think.  :-)

--
Bobby G.