Multiple Screens, One Computer

A few questions in this thread. The first:

I've been reading Dean R.'s posts about Charmed Quark, and I think I'm
leaning that way. Both because the software looks great, and because the
developer is obviously very active in the HA community.  But I would like
some opinions of the strengths and weaknesses of CQC vs. HomeSeer?

The real question of this thread, though:

8" touchscreens for the automotive market are flooding Ebay for between 2
and 300 dollars (Unless someone has a line on a more economical screen?).
I've been thinking of a few of those -- kitchen, bedroom, living room.

What I want to know is, will the USB touch screen drivers and either of the
software packages (above) allow me to use multiple screens with one PC?
HomeSeer seems to use a web interface, so I figure I could just open
multiple browsers, one on each video card. But then there's the question of
the touchscreen drivers. I've had mulitple (3) screens on my PC for years,
but never a touch screen?

Am I making this more complicated than need me? I was thinking about some
Audreys as stand-alone interfaces, but the fact that so many people have
sold theirs and moved on to better interfaces makes me wary.

Thanks for any answers, advice, and commentary.