Re: high voltage home runs?

> > If you have a moment, please check out www.brightan.com
> > we are definitely DIY friendly and allow you full access to
> > add your own equipment
>
> Hi, Steve!
>
> Just checked out your site and have some questions.  Are these units UL
> listed?  Are the hubs standard ethernet COTS components or are they
> specially modified for your lighting system?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Bobby G.

At this point because we create a number of unique panels and also customize
them for our customers we have each panel field certified.  This certifies
it
for sale and use within North America.  The lighting system is based on
Controller Area Network (CAN) instead of ethernet.  A simple CAN
node can be built and added to the network with only a few lines of
code to make it operational if you want to create your own add-ons.
That is not to say you couldn't do the same with ethernet but I prefer
CAN!

Steve