Re: Best wireless router & cards for high-speed cable connection?

I have a 8054 from usr

it will not support more then 50 connection at a time..
so if you have a teen at home that like to share file on p2p it will always
reset when the 50 or so connection limit is reached

I now is it as an Access Point and have a computer that run Smoothwall (a
small Linux distro) that is doing all my routing needs... much more
stable..and secure.. and the best thing about using a small computer for the
router is that it can be modified easily,and if it fail parts are available
anywhere..(I use a 350 MHz PII with 128 mb of ram and its not even using 3%
of its whole capacity)

even a 75mhz P1 can be used if the web proxy server is off..

but for the range and speed of the wireless it is true that USR are faster
if you use all USR product
if another brand is use it will downgrade every connection to 54g max

OfFhe.35116$fx3.17549@xxxxxxxxxxxxx