Re: duplicate commands with multiple transceivers

bcboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>The problem is coverage. I have stucco exterior walls with wire mesh,
>and my floorplan is nonconvex. So line-of-sight to a single receiver
>goes through two exterior walls from some locations. It doesn't pass
>RF. I can cover the whole house with two antennas.

Two antennas may not help much. You'll have a different kind of phase
problem unless the antenna lead-ins are designed to be in phase at the
input.

I live in a building that has plaster walls and ceilings and lots of wire
lath. In my case, a centrally located antenna with a wide-band preamp does
the job. However, there's no simple way to do this with an RR501 because of
X-10's design and it's really not worthwhile given that the RR501 and TM751
only handle a single housecode.

>Between the coverage problems, the lockups, and the inability to do a
>toggle, I'm about ready to ditch the RR501s and CM11A, and look for
>something better. I'm not sure what that would be, though. Seems like
>every X10 device has some significant caveat or flaw. I gather the
>BX24-AHT is no longer an option.

The firmware for the BX24-AHT is still available as are all of the plans,
schematics, etc. That's all that I ever supplied. A grandson sold bare
boards for it. It would allow you to do a toggle. I've got about 50 of the
original BX24-AHT boards but I really don't want the hassle of trying to
sell them. My health is just too much of a problem.

I'm still working on a brain transplant for the CM15A but progress is slow
for the same health related reasons. But that's also why I don't want to do
any more with the BX24-AHT - the CM15A is a much better platform and the
total cost should be a bit less.