Re: Programmable dimmer

> I want to wake up to that simulated sunrise. So if I could program it
> to augment the lights by 1% every 30 seconds for 50 minutes starting at
> 6 am, I would be happy.

It's unlikely to be possible with out some other sort of external device
remotely controlling it.

If you want simple you get simple on and off.

If you want dim level increases then you're talking about a more complex
setup.  Any number of dimmers exist that can be remotely controlled.  Some
via powerline, RF or IR.  I could imagine some sort of hack to a
programmable IR remote that might let it interact with the Lutron Spacer
dimmers.  But I have no idea how readily the IR commands for them can be
learned.  That and it'd have to be a pretty fancy remote to handle sending
custom commands on a timer schedule.

The only other tangent that might have solutions would be the hearing
impaired market.  There might be some sort of alarm clock for the deaf that
has this sort of ability.  I only recall there being vibration alarms but
there might be ones for lights.  Perhaps checking in some hearing issues
forums would turn up info.