Re: TV

> Does anyone know of a device that I can plug into a TV aerial which would
> then transmit the signal via 802.11g where I can then pick it up (with
> appropriate software) on a wireless enabled PC.  So for instance if I want
> to have multiple Tablet PCs in my home network I could then view TV on any
> of them without having to equip each of them with a TV card?

As a single, stand-alone device?  No.  You could do something like put a TV
card in a PC and then push the channel it's watching out as a stream.  You'd
have to use one TV card for each stream you need.  So if you have 4 tablets
and you want them all watching something different then you'd need 4 capture
cards.  There may be capture cards that can handle more than one input at a
time but most only handle one.

By the time you get all this working you're still stuck with a real
bandwidth hog.  Pushing anywhere near high-quality video takes up a fair bit
of bandwidth.  Enough to cause other traffic on the airwaves to be delayed.
WiFi is nowhere near as capable of throughput as is a switched wired
network.

That and TVs are cheap and connecting them easy.