Re: Best wireless router & cards for high-speed cable connection?

newbee wrote:
> I have just received a new Dell 8400 WinXP Media Center system (3.4
> GHz, 2 GB RAM, TV tuner card). I have a fast (~4600 kbps) cable
> connection (Adelphia internet and TV).
>
> My main need is to connect my old computer, now in an adjacent room,
> to the Internet. Am guessing that the best way is through a wireless
> router. The walls are not thick, and should not be a problem.
>
> If a wireless router is the best solution, what is the best one?
There
> seem to be three good deals available online, but am not sure which,
> if any, would be the smartest purchase:
>
> ViewSonic 802.11b/g 125HSM Wireless Network Router (Mfr# WR100) =BB
only
> $29.99 Shipped
>
> D-Link DI-524 802.11G 54Mbps Wireless Cable/DSL Router 4-Port Switch
=BB
> only $19.99 + Free Shipping
>
> Buffalo Airstation 54MBPS Wireless Cable/DSL Router (Mfr# WYR-G54) =BB
> only $18.10 + Free Shipping
>
> Also, what card(s) would be needed for both computers?
>
> Thanks for all suggestions.
>
> P.S. Second question, please: What would be the best way to not only
> connect that 2nd computer to the Internet but also to connect the TV
> in that room to my main Media Center computer? Dell offers a solution
> (http://snipurl.com/ewgq), but the $399 seems excessive (perhaps I'm
> wrong, of course).

I had a Dlink router/WAP for all of a week before I returned and got my
money back I got a belkin instead which has been good I run it with a
RaLink PCi card. You might find that cat5 is a better option as other
posters have said. I have found wifi to be extremely tempremental.