Re: Need some antenna advice (for my CM15A, of course)

"Michael G." <514mike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Excellent!
>
>I think I am going to give this a shot today.
>
>Last night, I hooked up my CM15A to an old, round TV antenna.  It's
>only about 8 inches from edge to edge.  I stripped the BNC cable and
>attached it to the two antenna leads.

That's for a higher frequency than the 310MHz so, like I said earlier, it's
less than optimal. If there's only one loop, there's also an impedance
mismatch which is also less than optimal. And, with a single loop it's more
directional than the eggbeater. You might try rotating the antenna 15° each
day or so until you find the optimum orientation.

>Surprisingly, every [non-slim] remote and module works in the house,
>from the top floor to the basement, where the unit is located.
>
>As far as the slim X-10 remotes go... I am having problems in many
>rooms.
>
>I hope that this amplifier will solve everything!

If not, constructing the eggbeater probably will.