HomeSeer Question

I apologize if this is a stupid question.  Have been controlling x-10 lights
with Homeseer for about 5 years with little difficulty.  Recently had
problems with some not responding reliably, some not at all.  Went through
the whole thing of trying to find a new noise source and so forth.  I have
bridge/signal amplifier.  Really could not find a problem.  I know the
switches worked because I could plug a controller into certain outlets and
control them.  Anyway, I decided the switches (Switchlinc 1 way) were older
so I would replace them with Switchlinc 2-way switches.  The new switches
are all installed and actually work well.  I occasionally have a problem.
My question is that I can poll the switches manually in homeseer and see
their status but the software does not seem to automatically do this after
it sends a command.  I would think this would be automatic to make it more
reliable.  I mean give a command and then ask to see if it was carried out.
Then it could reissue or correct it if it was not.  I am only using the
basic interface.  I have not done any of my own programming,  I really have
little time.  So am I missing something.  Is there a way to easily have the
program do this and make the x-10 more reliable?  Does this require special
programming?  Am I completely missing the boat in how this works?

Thanks

Barry