RFID Starter Kit Available for HomeSeer

iAutomate throws RFID into the home automation mix
Posted Mar 22, 2005, 5:06 AM ET by Barb Dybwad on engadget.com
Related entries: Wireless

"...Why leave it to the schools to track our kids' every movements,
when we can keep tabs on them from the comforts of our own homes? Or
better yet - log in to your home system remotely and catch your pets
straying beyond the leash radius. Pretty much anything you're
paranoid about can now be affixed with an RFID tag and tracked: people,
pets, vehicles - maybe you'd better keep tabs on that Roomba, as
well. All this thanks to iAutomate's new HomeSeer system that
integrates the ever-lovin' wireless chips into, well, just about
anything you can get to hold still long enough. This system looks so
airtight, with the ability to lock down access to devices and get email
notifications of all your family's transgressions, that you really
won't ever have to actually be home again..."

Here's a link to our product:

http://www.iautomate.com/homeseer_rfid.html

Thanks

Peter