Re: Structured (low voltage) wiring installation estimates

G. Morgan <alarmprosnail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Subject: Re: Structured (low voltage) wiring installation estimates
> Newsgroup: comp.home.automation
> => Lewis Gardner <=  wrote:

> >Even with planning it would be a killer weekend. Without planning it
> >would be a disaster.

> You forgot that Robert is just trying to sell him the material.  He knows damn
> well a DIY'er could not accomplish this project in a weekend.

Ok, so maybe I'm not your average DIY'er.  I've done several commerical
installations before I put the 140 drops into my house.  I had to do them
in a weekend as my general contractor had me scheduled as the last of the
subs before the drywall guys showed up on Monday.

Anyway with the help of 3 unskilled teenagers we did it without too much
problems in a weekend.  I had lots of time to chorograph it all.  It also
helped that (with a few exceptions) I had 2 to 6 cables running to a
particular location (pulled multipul cables at one time).  The number of
locations was probably only about 35.  Also this was only nailing up
outlet boxes and putting in the cable.  I terminated it by myself on
nights and weekends for about a month after the house was done.

--
Frank Stutzman