Structured Wiring Questions

If anyone can help, I would gladly appreciate it.

I am building a new house.  3500 sq. foot, 3 levels.  Basement
unfinished.  They are doing drywall in about 1 week so I have to do
this next week.  I understand data pretty well as far as networking
computers and TV.  However, I know nothing about security and very
little on audio.  I plan on pulling 2 Cat5 (or 6), 2 RG6 Coax to most
locations.  I will run Fiber to Home office and main TV locations.  Of
course also run the appropriate wires outside....at least 4 RG6, 4
Ethernet, 1 Fiber (2 if I can afford it).  I also will run 4, 2 inch
smurf tubes to attic space in 4 different locations and =BE inch smurf
tube to a few jacks as in the main tv locations, along with a run from
the lower faceplate to a few feet higher incase I ever can splurge on a
projection TV.

1)       Security.  Please see pg 1 at
www.packetblast.com/structured.pdf .  I understand from one of your
post to run 22/4 to each window and door I want covered and homerun
(HR) them in the furnace room.  Do I run Cat 5 and 22/4 to each control
panel as well?  What device goes in the basement and how does that work
regarding the wires that get terminated to it?  Also, for Motion
Detectors etc, is all I need 22/4?

2)       Sound.  Please see pg 2 at www.packetblast.com/structured.pdf
.  I have purchased Monster cable for 2 locations in my house and plan
on running 7.1 to these locations.  However, I want to run some cheaper
wire to other rooms that most likely wont get used much as far as audio
but I still want it there as the wire is cheap, so most likely I will
run 14/2 ( Is that good enough wire for this?)  I saw in another post
that you said to run 14/2 to speakers and 14/4 and Cat 5 to each Volume
Control in the other rooms.  Is this correct and if so does that Cat5
run from the receiver to the Volume Control or Receiver to First
speaker in the room?    I also plan on doing some to be terminated
outside.

Are there any other structured wiring that you would think would be
nice to run.  Any other pointers that would pay off in the future.  I
would purchase a book online, but I am limited on time and I think I
should be able to figure out most other than these 2 areas.  I would
love to be able to control lighting, fridge, etc from a computer
system, but part of me thinks this is to expensive and maybe that will
all be wireless.  I assume however that all these run off Cat5 and most
likely IP?  I will run 2 IP cameras to the front door and back door,
most likely D-Link (cheap, hopefully works good?)

I seriously love this home automation stuff and hope to get into it
slowly piece by piece.  Anyways, I really appreciate it if anyone has
any pointers. =20

Thanks,=20

bcarter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx