Re: Audrey Battery Solution?

> The Audrey isn't the first luggable item that needs power, so I
> figured there was something out there. I really don't have the skills
> to work power pinouts and etc. What would a 6v motorcycle battery look
> like, and how would that itself be charged? See, I am a lightweight.

Audrey is not the first thing to need portable power but it's power plug
appears to be unique to itself so you won't find a "off the shelf"
solution.

have you checked with the people at audreyupgrade.com about building you
something? They should have the parts and expertise to fabricate
something. Drop them a email.

The motorcycle battery approach requires some fabrication and circuit
design skills. If you decide to fool around with batteries be sure to
use a fuse.

The cheapest solution is likely a UPS to power the stock power supply.
This is not very efficient since the 6 or 12 volt DC battery in the UPS
will be stepped up and converted to 120 volts AC only to be stepped back
down and converted to 5 and 3 volts DC in the Audrey's power supply.
With each change power is lost in heat so the Audrey will not run as
long from the same size battery if you were to go the motorcycle battery
and voltage regulator  route. However with a 500VA UPS selling for
around $50 it is worth a try. The problem may be that the Audrey power
supply may not draw enough current to start the UPS. If you are going
out to buy one be sure there is a decent return policy...