Re: Newbie Advice needed

The "tucked in the back" wire is white, unattached to the switch, and
is in addition to a bare ground wire that is connected to the switch.
Is it still likely that it is ground, rather than the hoped-for
neutral?

Asuming it is a neutral wire, and  I therefore have the option of
using standard switches, is it better to use a standard switch or a
"RX" model meant for installations where there is no neutral wire
present?

I feel like I must misunderstand the issue, because I only
inadvertently noticed that SmartHome makes an "RX" switch.  Is it a
common mistake for people to buy regular switches (e.g. the mass
market at x10.com) and unexpectedly find they don't work because their
house has no neutral wire available?  Or am I making a mountain out of
a molehill, and they just work anyway?