Re: Using wifi card to operate garage door

yes there is a way!

install an access control system on your computer,buy a door controller
leave the software running on a pc in the home and remote control it from
your laptop to issue the unlock command to your garage door..

not easy but its the only way...

unless you want to use a small processor like the rabbit 2000 that can be
connected to network chip..make a small program in C to make it react when
it will receive a packet from your laptop network car Mac address so it will
activate a small relay to open the door..

to do this you will need to connect to a wireless network in your home from
the laptop outside and send a predetermined  packet to the Rabbit..

no easy gizmo I know can do it..

1119731482.641880.248000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx