HAL2000 IR Control

Hi,

Just bought HAL2000 and need to know why on earth I have to buy an Ocelot or
a homeseer etc to be able to learn and control IR devices!

When HAL is running on a PC in the first place, it seems bizarre that they
don't seem to provide an interface for e.g.  a USB IR device like the Media
Centre 2005 IR unit which has IR in and out.

Has anyone any ideas of how I can use HAL for IR control WITHOUT buying
another expensive piece of h/ware?

Walski