Re: New HA product development

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:04:22 GMT, "fleen_squigger" <ass@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>As you can tell from the quality, demeanour, and overall tone of Mr F's
>posts, he has a rather deeply rooted personality disorder --- a type of
>disorder that attracts the attention of mainstream troll-hood.

---
As anyone of even marginal intelligence should be able to understand,
the _lack_ of quality in a troll's life, the admitted desire of a
troll for the acceptance of criminal demeanor to be considered
mainstream behavior, and the troll's propensity toward fomenting
discord in the affairs of those not so afflicted are the troll's
raisons d'être.
---

>As mainstream trolls, our objective is to trigger as many enraged, apoplectic
>outbursts as we can from certain individuals (such as Mr F) to teach them
>that such outbursts are counter-productive, unnecessary, and are simply an
>ineffective method of interacting with their fellow human beings --- even
>those who disapprove of their NNTP posts.

---
In order to feed their egos and bring feelings of self-worth into
their wasted lives, trolls like to attempt to engage passers-by by
shouting personally derogatory epithets in an attempt to attract
retaliation (and thus validation) from the passer by.  Should _any_
response be forthcoming, the troll's true nature will come to light
and an attempt will be made, by the troll, to slough off its character
defects onto the passer-by and to cause an infection to occur in the
passer-by which will make the troll's actions seem to be benevolent.
---

>Most would simply find it laughable that someone has a derogatory opinion of
>them or their NNTP posts --- only a very limited minority of newsgroup users
>will actually become enraged and post adrenaline-charged, rage-filled
>ripostes in response --- these individuals are like gold to the troll
>community because these are the people with whom we can do our most valuable
>work.  Mr F. is one these precious individuals.  Please feel free to use him
>in this capacity --- all we ask is that you don't over-stress his fragile
>ego to the breaking point (as could easily be done).  The more Mr F can be
>shown that his vitriolic diatribes are something that the world finds
>amusing --- not something that inspires fear or awe, the quicker he will
>learn to change his errant ways and be brought back into the fold of
>humanity --- minus his vituperative rantings.
>Please, no over-stressing of an already fragile and fractured ego!

---
Vituperative ranting directed at a troll is anathema to it in that it
forces a crack to appear in its thin outer shell which can easily be
widened by the application of anger, real or feigned.  Once the crack
has been opened, the troll is forced to look within itself and,
horrified by what it sees, call for the cessation of activities which
would open the crack wider and wider and eventually lead to the
troll's understanding of its true nature.

Failure to accede to the troll's pleas for "reason" to prevail is the
kindest thing to do, in that it will put the troll out of its misery.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer