Re: 3 broken WS12As?

"AZ Woody" <Reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

> I'd suggest that what ever filter you choose, buy one extra.

Optimist.  :-)  It seems the number of things that need filtering is growing
daily.  Today's surprise was a new LCD display's switching power supply.
Dropped the X-10 signal strength nearby more than 1 volt (which is a lot
larger than it sounds).  I'm on my nine or tenth filter by now, and some are
servicing entire powerstrips filled with nasty X-tenuaters.

I'm still interested in why the wall switch only turns the light off.  Is
there something different about the switch circuit when it's driving a load?
We know why noisy CF bulbs won't turn OFF but there hasn't been much
speculation about why a wallswitch won't turn on.

There are a number of very similar threads in the past.  Here's one:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.home.automation/browse_thread/threa
d/94496575d8f98fd5/9ddffe2cc7d9143d#9ddffe2cc7d9143d

that describes the very same symptoms.

--
Bobby G.