Re: new 1/8 VGA color touchscreen

Dave Houston wrote:
> These look like they'll be useful for HA. The price isn't great but it's not
> outrageous, either. With serialk USB, & parallel interfaces it should be
> easy to integrate with PICs, etc. This looks better than the system that was
> discussed here a few days ago that required a PC.
>
> http://store.earthlcd.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.297/it.I/id.315/.f

Impressive indeed.  I'd wonder how readily fresh bitmaps can be uploaded
to it?  I could envirion fancier HA screens might take more than the
alloted 64k/1M flash.  But if it's capable of of uploading new ones via
serial at a fast enough clip that'd be great.  USB has distance limits
that would make it less than suitable for HA but plenty cool for
industrial panel mount situations.

The roadmap for the next model, at $50 sounds perfect for single-gang
wall plate applications.