Insteon - watch out for RF interference

The Insteon RF signalincs are subject to 900 MHz interference, at least
from continuous transmitting devices like the RCA Lyra RD900W music
transmitters. With the Lyra, I was able to switch to channel 2 and the
interference stopped, but I suspect that things like baby monitors may
also interfere with Insteon and you may not be able to change channels
with some.

When the Lyra was transmitting on channel 1, the signalinc range was
less than 10 feet in the same room with the Lyra transmitter about 35
feet away. After switching channels, the signalinc works over 30 feet
away and through several walls and a floor.