Help smarthome power linc controller

I have been using the SH usb controller that requires the computer to be on
to work. this worked fine. bought the controller that didn't need the pc.
after receiving the first controller I set time and date programmed and
downloaded the next day I noticed lights either not on or off. checked
controller time and date.  date didn't roll over to new day time was off by
6 to 8 hours. after resetting the controller several times I sent it back to
smarthome. they replaced it. received new controller set time and date. same
problem. left controller unplugged for a month. time and date ok. plugged
back in outlet next day time off 4 to 8 hours date didn't roll over. seems
the problem happens after 12am.  has anybody had this problem with this
controller.? or am I missing something.
Thanks;Alan